Saturday, September 7, 2013

We arrived!

Ireland and I arrived late Tuesday night!  Our luggage however did not!! Ireland made a tent on the plane to watch her movies when she woke up after sleeping for 8 hours!. Luckily the kid next to us was really nice, he was being stationed in Bahrain and this was his first trip overseas. He finally said when I saw you guys come and sit down I was like oh god, I'm going to have to listen to her bawl! But she is the best kid I have been around, and they were doing high fives and watching shows together.
Taron picked us up from the airport-she was so excited to see him but it was awhile before she got to see him. We first were dropped off and transported by bus then we had to stand in line for our visa. I wish I could of taken a picute but envision hundreds of people in a few lines, speaking different languages, different reason for their visits trying to get in the country. Lucky for us we were in line with all military guys and they gain entry with no questions. Americans can get in pretty easy as well.
We then had to wait for our luggage but it wasn't there. So we stood in line again and filled out some paperwork to track it...Finally we were on our way!

 We went to a hypermarket called LuLu and bought some basic essentials. We bought Ireland one outfit since she had her assessment at the school on Wednesday. That went really well and she was accepted for admission! Yah for everyone!! She starts school tomorrow and then I will go back to work!! YAH!!  

We went and bought her uniforms at the House of Uniforms. Trying to buy shoes here was hard but we found a pair of Skeechers. Her swimsuit is a different story...pics soon!
We have been trying to get adjusted to the time change which has been hard. Ireland and I have swam in the pool everyday and messed around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment