1. To have bad grammer-Being here for almont 3 months I have learned that you don't speak in complete sentences. It has made communication so much better! Otherwise they blank stare at you and then shake their head yes... My Grandma McGraw, being the proper lady she was is probably cringing hearing me talk! Now I find myself talking to Ireland the same way...same, same; come, come; sit, sit; no,no; yes; yes!! Ireland has picked up on how 'broken' they speak. She talks in a broken accent sometimes but she is with kids all day that speak that as well.
2. Bad driving skills-I have learned from the best! It pains me to drive because no one has any regard for anyone else. Not one day goes by I don't see an accident on the way to work. I always wonder how you can crash in the middle of nowhere...it is usuallly multiple cars all smashed together in a straight line...its becayse they follow to close and drive too fast! I have found myself honking all the time as well. At stop lights when they go red/yellow, start moving or they honk!! Just because it's red doesn't mean you stop!
3. Lizards-They are fast and everywhere! Ireland said she was moving because they are everywhere. She was screaming so bad the other day, so I ran up to see what was wrong, I find her curled up in a ball on the stop of the night stand...there was a tiny tiny baby lizard(like the size of knat) on the floor. I have no idea how she saw it but we killed it. Our villa is CLEAN so I know it's not that, they just are everywhere. Usually they are on the outside of the house and Taron and Ireland make it a game to see how many they can get. I guess it's better than snakes and jumping spiders!! The lizards at the track are the size of my dog!!
4. I know when the King is around- He has several homes and one is by our area and another is down by the track. I see his entourage 2-3 times a week. The other day I got stopped by the motorcycle police and then came 2 cycles, SUV, 3 cars followed by 2 more SUV. It reminds me of when the President went through Osky, except people don't line the streets and stand out and wave and cheer! Out of respect for him and the fact I think it is probably against the law, I can't take a picture of it. But very neat to see. I know they mean businesss when the SUV's have men out the windows with large guns drawn...
5. Maid//Driver-I want one at home!! :)
6. Profiling: The grocery store we have by our villa tracks who buys what. I am listed as an EXPAT WESTERNER...the girl said you come everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment